Friday, May 10, 2013


 

I am single woman without any kids and I was truly depressed at the moment I heard the terrible stories of sandy hook. I even talked about it to my boyfriend that if and when I had kids how terribly scared I would be to let my children attend public schools. President Obama wants more law enforcement in school buildings….. But just having them there will never be enough. I completely agree with the article on “criminalizing children in school” more and more tragic things continue to happen to our country and our children are paying for the consequences. More and more people need to focus on providing our children with the best education and teaching them more about precautions and actions we can take while arising to situations like this. I believe having more law enforcement there is way more logical then allowing teachers to carry their own hand guns. How many children do you know that are curious and naive about “new” things around them? If a teacher was not carrying the handgun on them 24/7 we would have kids killing kids. I disagree with the fact that even though the policeman is in the schools to protect there are better ways to create in behaving….. Guarantying the safety of kids is a huge deal to me like first on my list before anything, so if I was a parent I would feel better that there was more law enforcement. Kids are much in tuned with what’s going on at their schools and after this horrible tragedy. By having more law enforcement can create a better environment and allow the teachers to focus primarily on their students.  

No comments: